COLLECTING POSTMARKS - Fun for All Ages
A Must Have for:
* Parents of school aged children who value family time.
* Educators and youth project leaders.
* Anyone - young or old - who likes to have fun!
Collecting Postmarks presents a broader scope to the hobby of philately than merely by stamp collecting alone. Collecting Postmarks adds context to a collection, stamps then are not just small bits of paper. By collecting postmarks and stamps, the educational benefits are enhanced by the addition of dimension and perspective. Thusly, one gains a better understanding and appreciation of the hobby.
This book, Collecting Postmarks endeavors to present this broader scope to the prospective collector - young or old - in ways that are practical and fun.
BENEFITS & HIGHLIGHTS
- Over 12 collecting projects
- 25 addresses for obtaining over 50 postmarks right away!
* Plus! Additional resource listings to send away for.
- Handbook is loaded with full-color illustrations and examples.
- USPS Rules for Collector's Cancels reference is also included.
Our Handbook Received A Good Review
The following is an excerpt of a review by Dr. Everett L. Parker, philatelic writer and columnist for Mekeel's And Stamps, and Global Stamp News. The review was published in the November 2007 edition of Global Stamp News (page 36).
"W. C. `Bill` Porter has published an interesting and informative booklet titled Collecting Postmarks. It will serve as a nice primer on the subject for those new to the hobby and those who have been around for awhile. While designed primarily for younger collectors, there is a lot of useful information for all ages" ... "The booklet is lavishly illustrated in full color and nicely designed..."
SUITABLE FOR AGES 9 and UP
Author: W. C. "Bill" Porter
Published by THE OLATHE POSTE - FIRST EDITION - Release Date: 07-07-07
PAPERBACK . . . ISBN 978-0-9797959-0-9